She is still nursing every 3 hours during the day, but she will go up to 6 hours sometimes at night! That is always exciting! I kinda feel bad when she goes that long without eating, but I figured if she's sleeping, she's happy, right!? She hasn't been back to the pediatrician yet because he has been out of the country, but I anxious to see how much she weights now because she seems to be growing like a weed! Which is GREAT, but sad at the same time.
We finally broke out the Moby wrap this week! It's great! To be honest, I haven't used it much because she naps so well in her crib or swing and until I have to carry her around in it to keep her quiet I don't want to abuse it. But I have pulled it out twice, once to take her on a walk and I'm guessing it was a good experience for her because she went sound asleep : )
Highlights from week 3:
- She is more and more alert every day!
- She really listens to our voices and follows us with her eyes
- She smiles a good bit, SO PRECIOUS!!! Just melts my heart but I'm still not sure if she knows what she is doing just yet
- She has started to make some "coos" and "aahs" LOVE IT!
- She will lay on her play mat and look up at the toys, make sounds and even kinda hit at them : )
- She holds her head up VERY well! Actually, she has been doing this since she was born!
- She got to meet another Aunt Dareath, Uncle Jason, and cousins Brendon, Jayden, Courtney and Hannah!
- She got to meet some Sunday School friends : )
I love my play mat : )
Playtime with Mommy and Daddy : )
Staring at Daddy and listening
One of the MANY expressions of Ella Grace! She cracks me up!
Unfortunately, you can see I'm about as good as keeping up with her updates as I was my weekly pregnancy updates...not good...
I do try REALLY hard to stay on top of blogging, but I can't believe how busy I stay during the day with her and schoolwork and housework. Also, it seems that every time I sit down at the computer, its time for her to eat, she's fussy or my computer is not working. She actually just turned one month old Sunday (*tears*). I have taken her 1 month pictures, it's just a matter of have time to post them!
Well, I'm off to finish cooking dinner while she is napping in her swing : ) Hopefully, I will be back with another post sooner rather than later, but I make no promises these days.