Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fun in the Sun...

Actually, I should say "work in the sun" because that is what Mikey and I have been doing the past two days. We have had the most awesome two days off together : ) I hate SO badly that they are coming to an end. On a good note, we have gotten tons of projects accomplished in the past 48 hours! I don't have all the pictures yet, but they will be coming soon...

Friday we headed out to a beautiful state park not far from here that we love to go to. There is a "beach" there where we like to go lay out when we get a chance. So, we did that for a few hours Thursday. After catching some sun, we headed home to grill out and work on our patio! I am sooooo excited about it! It has been a work in progress for a while due to the lack of funding, ha! But it has been coming together slowly, but surely. It is mostly finished now. We just have to stain it and then add some furniture : ) I can't wait to post pictures!

Today we woke up nice & early and headed back out for some more work : ) It was beautiful this morning so we loaded up in the jeep with the top off and headed out! First we hit Hobby Lobby to pick up the last few items needed for the roman shade (which I haven't worked on yet...), then to Wal-Mart to get some stuff for the yard, and then to Lowes because how can any outing be complete with a trip to Lowes!? We got some more pretty flowers to pot and some mulch for the front yard. The front yard is finally complete for the most part. I am going to take pictures tomorrow and share : )

After finishing up the front yard, we headed to the back to begin our projects. Mikey is building some adirondack chairs! He is finished with one and I am painting it a pretty blue!!! The second chair is started, but it might be a couple of days before it gets finished since he has to work and study the next couple of days. While he was building the chairs I was working on a project of my own...

We have this U-G-L-Y, but very necessary desk. I have been wanting to redo it for a while, but then we moved, and life just happened. Well, this was finally the time... I spent all day sanding, which I hate with a passion might I add, and then painting most of the first coat. I still have a few days' work left on it, but I can't wait to see the finished results!

Toby, Ellie, and Charlie have loved staying outside most of the two days. I will leave you with some pictures of them enjoying the outdoors : )

No comments:

Post a Comment